Monday, February 3, 2014

{superbowl pizza}

Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Last night, we had a little get together with another couple and their adorable soon-to-be one year old boy. None of us were particularly interested in the Superbowl, or the teams that were playing... but we very much enjoyed the National Anthem and Halftime Show.

We also got to play referee to our boys- Ben got a little jealous that another kid was playing with his toys {particularly with his ride-on Dusty Crophopper} so that was fun. Low and behold, today Ben is looking and asking for his new friend... so I guess he wasn't too upset. 

I also got to play in the kitchen and make some fun food. After some contemplation about the menu {make fun "football food" vs. a menu highlighting favorite foods from Seattle and Denver}... I decided to go with football food, because football and wings are like the peanut butter and jelly of sports- and it's what the hubs voted for. 


Menu

7-Layer Dip {a lighter version}
Hummus and Pita Chips/Veggie tray
------------------------------
Caramelized Onion and {Turkey} Italian Sausage Pizza
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
------------------------------
*Football Shaped Carvel Ice Cream Cake*

I kept it pretty small and simple because it was just four of us and two toddlers, and I'm glad that I did. We don't really have any leftovers. {I ate the last piece of Buffalo Chicken Pizza for breakfast and it was awesome... shhhh}

The Buffalo Chicken Pizza was really yummy... I adapted a Rachael Ray recipe to make it faster and simpler. {making pizza dough was not on my to-do list for the evening}


Buffalo Chicken Pizza

1 - 12" pre-made crust (I used Boboli thin crust)
1 1/2 - large chicken breast, shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken)
2 tbsp - unsalted butter
1 tbsp - Worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 tbsp - hot sauce (to taste)
1/2 cup - tomato sauce
1 cup - shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I also added a small amt of cheddar)

blue cheese dressing, and diced celery for topping pizza after baking.

In medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter. Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Test to make sure its spicy/mild enough for you. Stir in shredded chicken breast, and warm.

Top pizza crust with chicken, then shredded cheese. Bake according to crusts' package directions. Allow to cool 2 minutes-ish. Sprinkle diced celery and drizzle with blue cheese.


The pizza was really, really good- much quicker and easier than the wings I made last year, and I still felt like I got my buffalo chicken fix. 


The Carvel cake was also delicious.... I love ice cream cake.... I might have some after lunch, and dinner. {I'd have it now, but I have to set a good example for Ben... right?}


Look at all those delicious crunchies!
 Enough about food... 

Adorable. Just adorable. {the Budweiser guy isn't bad either} Bud really knows how to make a great commercial. I very much appreciated the Hero's Welcome also. 

I am not a big football person, and I'm definitely not a Tim Tebow fanatic, but I thought it was really quite impressive of him to show himself in commercials during the Superbowl, in which the Broncos were playing... well, the Broncos were there. Not to mention, they were the best T Mobile commercials I've ever seen... 

No comments:

Post a Comment