Thursday, February 13, 2014

{more snow; pretend summer picnic}

Love my grill pan. 
So, for anyone who lives in the Northeast... or along the East Coast in general, we're getting more wintery weather. {I think we should just move the Winter Olympics here...} No matter how much I try to enjoy the winter wonderland I'm surrounded by, I can't help but crave Spring, and the sunshine days of Summer. 

Last night, as we buckled down in anticipation of an expected 6-10 or 12, or 18 inches of snow {I love weather forecasts}, I decided we were going to at least pretend it was warm, bright and sunny... I could almost smell the sunscreen!

It was just me and Ben, since my hubs had to work last night... so I left the menu up to him. Not surprisingly, he chose hotdogs. So, we stopped at the store on the way home from school and picked up some Boars Head (Lite) hotdogs, and shredded cabbage for coleslaw.

Immediately upon walking through the door, we changed into our snuggle clothes {pjs by another name, because to a 2 year old, the idea of changing into pajamas at 5pm is meltdown material}, and fired up the grill pan. 

Pretty soon, we had dished up hot dogs, coleslaw, baked beans and sliced strawberries, and headed to the basement to snuggle up and think warm thoughts...

Believe it or not, it worked! We managed to keep the winter glum at bay {something about the bright flavor of a strawberry just makes everything better}. We even abstained from watching the Winter Olympics for the first night since they started... {because there's no snow when its warm.}

So far we've gotten 10 inches of the white stuff at our house... with more coming, I think... or maybe now it's just ice.

I hope that everyone is safe and warm! I think we're going to go play!

How awesome does this look?? 
I cannot wait to wear sundresses again!! This one is gorgeous! ...I really like this one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment