Friday, February 7, 2014

{hot tea, cozy blankets, chick flicks; sick day}

For the past week, I've been fighting the good fight against a persistent cold... up until last night, I thought I was winning. 

After drinking countless mugs of hot tea, cups of orange juice, and as much water as I could stand- some even mixed with Emergen C to amp up my efforts- I was down for the count. 

Of course, as would only be appropriate at such times, tonight begins a three-night stretch of work for me. SO, I have taken today as a sick day... I am hoping that if I get extra sleep, laze around, and drink even more fluids, I will have the energy and health to make it through. 
Who could possibly feel crummy with a "puppy" like this to cuddle up with?!? {she snores}

My chick flick pick {say that 5 times fast!} was The Switch... very cute; a good standard romantic comedy. I loved Jennifer Aniston's apartment in the latter part of the movie... I typically love her characters' style... 

Does anyone want to make me a heaping bowl of chicken soup? ...It looks amazing... 
... This looks even better, though... Why do I always crave spicy chinese take out when I'm sick? {maybe its because someone else does the cooking and cleaning?}

No comments:

Post a Comment