Monday, January 27, 2014

{happy mornings}


Meet Ben. A little over two years ago, he became the most amazing thing to ever happen to me {and I daresay my husband Matt}. Many sleepless nights, dirty diapers, meltdowns, small victories and tickle fights later, he is even more amazing. 

This is what I got to wake up to this morning... his bubbly, carefree, stop-everything-and-be-happy laugh. I had been somewhat staring at him for about two hours when he finally woke up and squirmed to life {he spent from 1:30am on in our bed, kicking, rustling around and stealing the blankets as only a toddler can}. Not much of a morning person- something he unfortunately got from me- this morning he opened his eyes and smiled, then started demanding kisses, tickles and cereal. Within minutes, he was wiggling his way off of our bed, and running through the house in search of his train set. 

Someday, I will again have the energy and enthusiasm of a toddler.

In the meantime, I am going to cherish every moment of his toddlerhood and continue to foster my love and dependence on coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment