Friday, January 31, 2014

{cereal for dinner}


Happy Friday!!

Growing up, I remember Friday nights being filled with pizza and a movie... or a low-key meal and TGIF {Full House, Family Matters and Step-by-Step} on tv. 

When I got older, I started going out with my friends or boyfriend on Friday nights... In college, Friday nights meant parties or more nights out. I started working nights/weekends, but the goal was usually to get the night off so that I could go out and have fun. 

In the past few years though, I've started to re-learn the value and fun of a low-key Friday night. Even though I don't work Monday- Friday anymore, Friday night seems to be a natural lull night... a night to unwind from the week, take it easy, change into pj's and start spending quality time with my little family.  

No crazy gourmet meals, no long lines at restaurants {Friday is made for pizza, quick fixes, and take out}. Or, you could choose- read, adorably and persistently demand- to have cereal for dinner, like Ben did tonight.  I can't think of a better ending to the week!

{That is, unless I got to have this Friday Night! ...I love this video} 


No comments:

Post a Comment