Wednesday, January 29, 2014

{happy humpday}


Happy Humpday! 

IT IS SO COLD! This Polar Vortex nonsense with non-stop snow and perpetual freeze is really starting to get to me. 

Sure, there are good things about cold weather... I get to wear fuzzy socks; burrow into my cozy (synthetic) down comforter; wear fun, chunky scarves; curl up with hot tea; and enjoy one glorious day of sledding/snowman making/playing in snow.

BUT... enjoying the cool air is what fall is for... and snow is really only fun the first time of the season, when you don't have to shovel it or drive in it, and can really enjoy the look and fun of it. {Can you tell the awe of the first snow has worn off?} 

In celebration of a Happy Humpday this week, I thought I'd share my warm thoughts/dreams of summer and warm sunshine to help us all defrost... grab a beach chair!


Royal Caribbean Cruise to Bahamas with my mom: 2006
Not pictured: our crazy attempt at jet skiing with me in control... which I definitely did not have the experience or upper body strength to do without being happily terrified the whole time. We saw a ton of starfish, soaked up the sun in style, and did something new- It was a great trip!!


Ben at Siesta Key Beach, Florida
My favorite beach, and one of my favorite photos... To think, I used to live within 30 minutes of a beach that has made the Best Beaches list more than once... Sand like powdered sugar, sunshine, warm blue-green water... Mmmm... It was awesome to watch him take it all in and enjoy splashing around in the same water I grew up in!

I'm feeling warmer already... :-)

...If you have to return to a cold, snowy reality, here are some fun things I found to make it more enjoyable!

The must-have snowman kit... we have yet to bust ours out of the package!

My favorite Christmas present this year.... My manatea... Fred helps me enjoy my tea with a smile :-)

Slippers... really awesomely warm, soft, cozy slippers. I wear mine all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment