Wednesday, March 12, 2014

{sweet tooth; looking "comfortable"}

I will be the first to admit that I have a sometimes-insatiable sweet tooth. Brownies. Cookies. Ice cream. Cakes. Yep. 

Sweet tooth or not, I try my best to eat a healthy diet. Plenty of fruits and veggies, not many bad snack foods, etc etc etc. I often forgo dessert at home {unless I have free time after my son goes to bed, and make a mug cake- which I often share with hubs}. 

All that being said, sometimes there is just nothing like a warm, chocolatey, gooey corner piece of a fresh pan of brownies. {...there are four corner pieces... my mouth is watering}

I may have noticed that my sweet tooth has been getting the better of me lately... and yes, the frigid temperatures and frequent snow-fall has somewhat sucked my workout motivation out of me, and no. I'm not happy about it. 

BUT, darling hubs told me the other day that I was looking a little "comfortable" {in his defense, he did say that both of us were} and that really kicked my butt. 

At first I was pissed. {How dare he?!?}
Then, I got even more self-conscious. {If he thinks I look "soft", everyone else must think worse}. 
Then, I realized: If the man I'm married to, and have asked to be honest with me about everything, and have entrusted with the position of my life-long partner can't tell me that I've {maybe} gained a few... who can?!? After all, he also named himself as a guilty party in  winter-weight gain, so what's wrong with keeping each other in check and healthy?

The logical side of me is happy that I married a man who won't lie to my face and let me leave the house in a dress that DOES make my butt look big... {or actually let my butt get big in the first place} the emotional side of me is going to get over it- right after she finishes the brownies. 

It's time for me to get off my butt, and get back to the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment