Monday, March 3, 2014

{Cycle for Survival 2014; quick NYC trip}

The "Shore Girls" 2014
This past weekend was my Cycle for Survival ride in NYC. Just like last year, it was an amazing experience- a room filled with enthusiasm, inspiration, and the most amazing energy you could ever experience. This year was different though, because of who I got to ride with. It was the first year since her diagnosis and treatment that my cousin was able to ride as a Survivor... being a part of her victory ride was pretty beautiful {even though she may say otherwise due to her hate of sweating in public}. I could not have been more proud to be there, and I am already looking forward to next year. 

I also got to stroll through the city for the first time in a long time... I haven't been up to New York in a while. In fact, I may not have been up since last year's ride. My hubs and I had planned a date day in the city last summer, but that day ended up being far from what we had planned {more on that another time}. It was nice to walk the city streets and remember just how awesome New York is. 

I got to grab lunch at the Kati Roll Company... it was recommended by one of the docs I work with, and I will definitely be stopping there again... Quick, delicious, simple, homemade Indian street food. {YUM!} My only regret is not getting more than one roll. 




No comments:

Post a Comment